Here at CrossPointe Dental, we know one secret to daily joy that’s right under your nose: your smile. In fact, countless scientific studies have published data demonstrating the direct connection between smiling and happiness. Smiles release chemicals in the brains of the people around you, making you happier and less stressed. Clearly, smiles are important, and we want you to be excited about yours. That’s why we’ve collected a list of options that will give your smile a bright white glow:
1. Whitening Toothpaste: In most supermarkets, you will find whitening toothpaste. Be sure to look for the kind with the ADA seal; this will help assure the effectiveness of the product. Whitening toothpaste utilizes various chemicals that not only cleans your teeth and kills bacteria but also sinks into your outer enamel and bleaches it white.
2. Enamel Protection: Your enamel is the outermost layer of your teeth. When it becomes stained, the stains only go away if you treat them manually. In order to protect it from damage, you need to brush twice a day and floss daily.
3. Dental Boosting Foods: Did you know that what you eat affects the brilliance of your teeth? Crispy produce with high water content such as apples, carrots, and celery clean off your teeth and even transfer chemicals that will brighten your teeth. Also, high-calcium dairy foods like yogurt and cheese can improve your tooth brightness and strength.
4. Over-the-Counter Bleaching Treatments: You can find several variations of tooth bleaching solutions at most supermarkets. These are purely for tooth whitening and over time will provisionally bleach your enamel.
5. In-Office Whitening Treatment: Our accomplished dentist, Dr. Damon P. Swenson is pleased to offer a long-lasting tooth whitening treatment. Dr. Damon P. Swenson utilizes a few particular chemicals and a technique called laser dentistry, in which he activates progressive bleach solutions using laser technology. To schedule a tooth-whitening appointment with our practice in Orem, Utah, simply call 801-224-7337.
Now you can improve your life and the life of the people around you by smiling bright, white, and, with our five tips, confidently.